Monday 14 May 2012

Yes, another blog.. again

So thought I'd start off this new blog by saying what this one will really be about and why exactly I decided to create another one.

As I'm sure a few people will already know, I have another one already which I've linked to my twitter in the past, and that one was going to be used as a daily blog, where I'd record the day's events of my personal life and anything I'm thinking/feeling etc. The whole 'daily' aspect of it didn't really work, so now it's just something I occasionally write in, when I have something to say or new stuff to talk about. I don't publicly advertise it on anything anymore, as really, I'd just like to keep it personal to myself, but if someone actually remembers the name of it and still likes to check it/read up on it to see whether I have any new stuff, that's fine. I mean if you're genuinely interested, be my guest haha. But yeah, I suppose I kind of have two other blogs as well as this, because I created another one a few months ago, which was just going to be a place where I could write about random things and put in pretty pictures when I felt like it, and I did use it for that - except it only has 3 posts at the moment haha, so I didn't really keep up with it. I might add something more to it when I feel like it, but I see no reason in deleting it otherwise, it's nice to look back on. Oh and that one I wanted to keep private, even if someone found it, it's kind of like an anonymous blog so you wouldn't know I created it, I don't think.

Anyway, this one, is kind of going to be a bit different. I'm not going to make it scheduled, or force myself to write about things happening in my life, it's just going to be somewhere I can vent when I wanna talk about something that's on my mind, or a particular issue of any sort - it's kind of in my profile description, I'll just blog about things that are important to me, or anything I feel like talking about. I got the idea for this the other day, because one night, I couldn't sleep. And as usual when I can't sleep, my mind is always racing with like, a million thoughts, and I never really get them down in writing. I usually just keep them within my head. But I just thought, why not write about it, and get my feelings out. Only difference is, I didn't write it all out on a blog, in fact I didn't know what to type it on, so I just used the app 'twitlonger' and posted it to my twitter account. I didn't know if anybody would see it as it was quite late, I still don't know if many people read it or not, but I know my friend did, and she gave me quite good feedback on it - she said it inspired her, and that I should write stuff like that more often, and that I'm good at writing.
So yeah, obviously I took that on board, and I had a think about it. I do like writing and all that, but a lot of the time it's like I struggle to find stuff to talk about, and because of the other blogs not really working out to their first intended use, I didn't think I would succeed with a blog really.
But since I do want to start writing longer posts about things, I think a blog would be the only way to go about it, so that's why I'm going to try it this way again. I guess whenever I'll have something to say, that's obviously longer than 140 characters, I'll come to here. I'll probably put links on my twitter page to them as well if it goes well.

I'm gonna need to think of things to talk about in the future if I wanna keep adding stuff to this one, but I've noticed that if I try to force myself to talk about a particular thing, it doesn't really go well.. I can't get my point across probably, and it just feels meaningless to me really. Like for me, if I'm going to write about something or an issue regarding something, I have to be experiencing it, or had experienced it. That way, I just feel like I fully know what I'm talking about, and there's more emotion and personal meaning to it then too. And that's why I think the long post I tweeted worked so well, it was something deep and personal I was going through at the time, and I felt like I had learned something from it. So the first thing I will have on here will be that post - hope anyone who reads it likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment